Department of Biostatistics
The Department of Biostatistics has a wide range of collaborative activities, either through the departmental centers listed below, or by having staff and faculty members engaged in research in other university centers. Members of the Department provide statistical expertise for the design and analysis of multi-disciplinary research projects and multi-center clinical trials. They also provide the infrastructure necessary to conduct these studies, including project management, clinical monitoring, database development and web-based data entry.
Department of Biostatistics Collaborative Research Centers:
- BCRMC (Biostatistics Collaborative and Methodology Research Core)
- SABER (Statistical Analysis of Biomedical and Educational Research)
- CSG (Center for Statistical Genetics)
- KECC (Kidney Epidemiology and Cost Center)
- Cancer Center Biostatistics Unit
Other university centers with major collaborative ties with Biostatistics include:
- CSCAR (Center for Statistical Consultation and Research)
- MCRU (Michigan Clinical Research Unit)
- MICHR (Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research)
- ISR (UM Institute for Social Research)
- STATCOM: firstname.lastname@example.org is a student-led organization that provides pro-bono statistical consulting for governmental and non-profit organizations. Its clients generally do not have the funds to hire a professional consultant, but have information to collect or data to analyze that would help them in making more informed decisions about their operations. STATCOM's mission does not include consulting on projects from non-governmental or for-profit entities, such as business or academic researchers.