Computer and Data Security: Information and Resources
- Statement on SPH Data Security
- Administrator Accounts on SPH Computers
- Video: Information Security is Everyone's Business
- Reporting a Security Incident
- SPH Backup Policy
- Securing Sensitive Data at the School of Public Health
- Guidelines for Connecting to the SPH Network
- SPH Policy on Disposal of Computers
- Changing your password for your SPH accounts (IFS (UNIX) and Active Directory (Windows))
- UM Information Technology Security Services (IIA)
- Tools to Reduce SPAM: SpamBox and the Do Not Spam List (SPAM Busters, ITS)
- Anti-Virus Protection at U-M - VirusScan download (ITS)
- Choosing and Changing a Secure UMICH Password (ITS)
- U of M Information Technology Policies and Guidelines (Office of the CIO)
- IT User Advocate (ITS) dedicated to the safe and responsible use of computing at U-M.
- Anti-Spyware: Spybot Search & Destroy (non-UM)
- Password Safe is an Open Source (free) tool that allows you to have a different password for all the different programs and websites that you deal with, without actually having to remember all those usernames and passwords.
- Malware Removal and Renewal information.