Environmental Education Links
Air Quality Education
U.S. National Park Service Protected Areas Air Resources Web Site
- A comprehensive site covering issues pertaining to air pollution at
our National Parks and beyond. This site includes educational materials
on the basics of air pollution, a glossary of air pollution terms, plus
information on air quality regulations and their enforcement.
- The National Wildlife Federation's
"NWF in the Classroom"
- The National Wildlife Federation has developed an educational web site
dealing with a wide variety of environmental educational topics. Check out
this portion of their web site dealing with air pollution and its effects on
Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission (TNRCC): Air Environmental Education
- The Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission (TNRCC) is the lead environmental
agency for the state of Texas. As part of their mission, the TNRCC tries to promote
environmental responsibility through education. They have compiled a nice list of
educational materials for K-12 students.
The University of Michigan's Weather Underground
- The University of Michigan's Weather Underground was one of the original
web resources for educational information related to the atmosheric sciences.
While their forte is basic meteorology, this site is ever-expanding and now
contains K-12 curriculum materials related to air pollution, as well. These
materials were developed in cooperation with the Southeast Michigan Council of Governments.
EE-Link (from the University of Michigan School of Natural Resources
- This site provides a continually expading list of educational
resources focusing on our environment.
Health Effects Education
American Lung Association Health Effects Page
- This site offers general information on the effects of various
air pollutants on the human respiratory system.
Air Pollution and Health Risk
- This site has been put together by the U.S Environmental Protection
Agency's Office of Air and Radiation. The site provides general information
as to the effects of hazardous air pollutants on human health.
Health Effects Notebook for Hazardous Air Pollutants
- This site, administered by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency's
Office of Air Quality Planning and Standards (OAQPS), provides a wealth of
information regarding the effects of hazardous air pollutants on human health.
The site provides a more technical description of health effects than
the Office of Air and Radiation site noted above.