Americans with Disabilities Act - Emergency Preparedness & Response
Workshop on how the ADA applies to emergency management
June 25, 2012
1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Campus Safety Services Building - 2nd Floor, Room 2029, 1239 Kipke Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Sponsored by U-M Office of Emergency Preparedness
Contact Information: Stephanie Lee email@example.com
Cost: Free but RSVP required
- Julie Secontine, Esq, Oakland County - Risk Management
- Carole Dubritsky, University of Michigan - Office of Institutional Equality
- What is the ADA?
- How does the ADA apply to Emergency Management?
- What are some of the steps that state and local governments should take to make emergency management and disaster related services, programs, activities and facilities accessible to people with disabilities?
- Discuss recent ADA litigation in emergency management programs
- University of Michigan ADA initiatives regarding emergency preparedness
RSVP to Stephanie Lee firstname.lastname@example.org by June 18. Please include your name, organization/unit, and email.