The Administrative Core supports the five Facility Cores of the UM-NIEHS Center for Environmental Health through coordination, fiscal management, internal/external review, and support. The goals and objectives of the Administrative Core are to:
- Provide administrative infrastructure to coordinate and integrate the research, facility cores, pilot projects, Director's Fund, and outreach activities of the Center;
- Administer the Center's pilot project program
- Administer the Center's Center Scientist program
- Assure the productivity and effectiveness of the Center and its membership;
- Organize meetings and implement recommendations of the Executive Committee, Senior Advisory, Stakeholder Advisory Board and the External Advisory Committee;
- Enrich the environmental health intellectual environment at the University of Michigan through seminar programs, focused research retreats, and the recruitment of outstanding faculty and students;
- Coordinate the activities of the UM-NIEHS Center with those of the other NIEHS Environmental Health Centers and the leadership at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.
Director: Rita Loch-Caruso, Ph.D.
|As Director, Dr. Rita Loch-Caruso is responsible for the administration and achievement of UM-NIEHS Center objectives. She is responsible for Center membership based on recommendations of the Executive Committee (Core Leaders and Co-Leaders), for the organization and operation of the Cores, and for allocations of fiscal resources. Dr. Loch-Caruso also serves as the key advocate for the Center within both the Schools of Public Health & Medicine and the CTSA, working closely with the Deans, the Associate Deans for Research and the CTSA Director to ensure the continuing institutional commitment of the Schools and CTSA. Externally, Dr. Loch-Caruso is the primary ambassador of the Center making its resources known and available to those outside the Center, including the rest of the University of Michigan community, as well as the academic and scientific community at large.|
Deputy Director: Bruce Richardson, Ph.D.
|Dr. Bruce Richardson will serve as the as the Associate Director of the Center and will coordinate the operations and planning of research and administrative directions of the Center in close collaboration with Professor Loch-Caruso.|
Center Administrator: Rachel L. McDuffie
|Rachel L. McDuffie, MPH
University of Michigan School of Public Health
1415 Washington Heights, 6671 SPH Tower
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2029