Congratulations on your admission to the University of Michigan School of Public Health
We know that starting graduate school is a huge milestone and we’ve compiled a list of tasks and resources to help you get started on your new life at U-M SPH.
Remember to pay your $200 enrollment deposit via Wolverine Access by April 15th to hold your place in the Fall 2015 incoming class.
Contact a member of our Admissions Team if you have any questions or concerns as you weigh your graduate school options: Laura Miller or Mary Beth Carroll (email@example.com or 734-763-3860). In addition, each department has a Student Administrative Coordinator who can provide you with information regarding your program.
Admitted Student Checklist
We look forward to welcoming you in person as a student. Before you arrive on campus, there are some things you can do to make your experience smooth and seamless. Please use the checklists below:
- Pay your enrollment deposit.
- Attend orientation.
- Fill out the FAFSA for the 2014-2015 school year to receive consideration for federal financial aid loans.
- If your offer letter stated that you must submit an official transcript for proof of your undergraduate degree conferral, please mail to: SPH Admissions, Office of Academic Affairs,1415 Washington Heights, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2029
- Find housing. Looking for a roommate? Add yourself to the sph-marketplace e-mail group.
- Prepare for exemption exams
- Obtain your M Identification Card (Mcard). Additional information can be obtained from the Mcard website.
- Contact Student Services if you have any questions or would like to set up a visit to campus. Check out local accommodations.
- Register your laptop with the University Police.
- International Students - Review funding requirements for I-20 issuance.
- International Students - After paying enrollment deposit, please complete the Financial Resources Statement and Affidavit of Financial Resources.
- Visit our Financial Aid page to learn more about potential funding opportunities at U-M SPH.
- Check out opportunities for student employment through the University; search for Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) and Graduate Student Staff Assistant (GSSA) positions.
- Become familiar with U-M's academic calendar.
- Explore student life at U-M SPH.
- Learn about student health insurance options and the University Health Service. Submit your Immunization Form.
- Learn about the public health core requirements (M.P.H. and M.H.S.A. only).
- Learn about opportunities to enhance your studies with the Certificate in Global Health, the Certificate in Public Health Genetics, Health Informatics, and the Certificate in Health Care Infection Prevention & Control.
- Learn about Student Computing Services at U-M.
- Visit Career Development to explore career opportunities.