Taubman Health Sciences Library
The Taubman Health Sciences Library provides library and informatics services for the University of Michigan School of Public Health. The library is part of the University Library system, and its collection of books, journals, databases, and electronic resources supports teaching and research in the School as well as the broader campus community. Staff are available to assist you with accessing and using the library's resources, collaborating on information and technology projects, and finding information.
- Funding Resources for SPH
- Biostatistics Research Guide
- Epidemiology Research Guide
- Environmental Health Sciences Research Guide
- Health Management and Policy Research Guide
- Health Behavior and Health Education Research Guide
- Health Disparities Guide
- Public Health Research Guide
- Global Health Research Guide
- Health Statistics Research Guide
The Taubman Health Sciences Library (THL) will be undergoing major renovations. Although the building itself closed on December 23, 2013, all services, resources, and people are still available.
Here are some key things you may want to know about THL during the remodeling period:
- Contact information: All library contact information--email and phone numbers--will remain the same. Although all THL personnel are relocated elsewhere during the remodeling, campus and USPS mailing addresses also remain the same.
- Building reopening: The building is expected to reopen mid-2015.
- E-books and Journals: Use www.mirlyn.lib.umich.edu
- Physical Books and Journals: Use the GET THIS feature of MIRLYN to request delivery to a campus library or departmental office.
- Course Reserves: Faculty wishing to place materials on reserve should follow the same procedure as you have in the past. THL staff will continue to process reserve requests from the Health Sciences Schools. Beginning January, 2014, reserve materials will be provided electronically when possible. If this is not possible, the print version will be made available. Print reserve materials will be available at the Shapiro Undergraduate Library.
If you have any questions or requests for library services, please do not hesitate to be in touch with your Public Health Informationists.